I'm Jessica, Sunshine to many. I started this blog not because i'm particularly good at writing or because I have a extreme need to jot down my feelings. This blog is more for my Daughter, it's funny to see that written down...my daughter. Her name is Lily Irene and she was born on March 13, 2007. But i'm jumping ahead of myself. Lets start with the foundation. I met my husband at Drexel University in 2002, where I had gone to school for a short time. I went back to visit a friend and she had a party. Marques worked with another of our friends and she invited him. We pretty much hit it off right away and made plans for the next weekend and from there had our official first date (which was planned on our predate the day before). After that our lives seemed to be a bit of a whirlwind. We got married November 12, 2005. We decided to start TTC in March of 2006 and in June found out we were pregnant. My pregnancy was relatively easy, which I sometimes think was made up for during labor. My Labor was two days long. I went in for an induction on March 12th at 7am and had cervidil put in, after a night of horrible cramping, the next day they started pitocin, which brought on extremely painful contractions. I had an Epidural at 3cm and it seemed to be smooth sailing from there. Much later that night around 6pm on March 13th I was fully dilated and started pushing. After 3 hours of full on pushing my doctor said, Lily was stuck and wouldn't come out on her own. At that point I was wisked away for an emergency c-section. They pumped me full of epidural meds and took me into surgery. I shook violently and uncontrollably the entire surgery, poor Marques was a bit scared. At 9:24pm Lily Irene was born. She was 7lbs 11oz and 20.5 inches long. She had the cord wrapped around her body and was not breathing on her own at first. The wonderful nurses and doctors worked on her for about a minute and she started crying. Marques told me at some point after Lily was taken out, he didn't know what to do. he saw me shaking and the doctors working on her, he was very nervous/scared, but I thought he did a good job of keeping it all under control. She was taken to the NICU for the night and did wonderfully. The next few days were great, getting to know her. The day my doctor told us I was ready to go , I told him I wasn't leaving without my daughter so they started all the tests and we found out her biliruben was too high. She was put in the bahama baby light (thats what our nurse called it and I can't remember the name right now) and the next day they said she was much better and we could take her home. At this point Lily had been through quite an ordeal to get into the world.
We brought her home. It was a relief but terribly scarey at the same time. I was nervous. At the hospital if anything happens there are tons of people to help, now she was home and Marques and I were the only ones here to take care of her. Well those worries went away quickly. I recovered very quickly from my c-section (I'm a good healer I guess). We took Lily to her First doctor visit and found out she was not gaining weight, she was actually losing more weight then she was supposed to. So she wasn't out of the woods yet, they called it a failure to progress. Well after a few more visits we were told to put her on formula for a full 24 hours. We went back and she had gained 6oz. WOW was I happy and relieved!!! So she is currently breastfed and formula fed. She is doing amazing!!! She had her first month Doc appt. and weighed 9lbs 4oz and is 22in. She is average for weight and above average on height and head size (thanks to Marques). She's holding her head up for good amounts of time and looking at everything and smiling so much. She's got her first cold (a bit early, but my fault) even through the sniffles she's a smiley girl. It's crazy how immediately I realized I loved her more than anything. My Daughter (that just makes me smile!!!) I'm so lucky to have her and I'm so excited to watch her grow!!
So heres to the beginning of a New Life and my new family. I hope that you enjoy reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment